Terms & Conditions
Discount Catering Direct is a division of Event Furniture Ltd.
The contract is for the sale of goods detailed on the sale contract. The parties to the contract are:
1) “The Purchaser” - an individual or an organisation whose official representative will be the signatory to the sales contract or delivery note.
2) “The Company” - Discount Catering Direct, a division of Event Furniture Ltd (Reg. No. 5362649) with registered office at 50 Peakes Road, Etchinghill, Rugeley, Staffs, WS15 2LX.
Any conditions not enforced or deemed invalid will not affect other conditions.
Contract / Order Authority
- Enquiries and Orders placed with Discount Catering Direct shall be governed by the current Terms and Conditions advertised by Discount Catering Direct and this will form the only contract between the Company and the Purchaser. Any purchaser Terms and Conditions will not apply unless by prior agreement.
- The Company’s Terms and Conditions will be applicable to all enquiries and orders placed via the Company’s website, by email, by telephone or mail.
- All orders received are subject to acceptance by The Company and The Company is not under any obligation to accept any order. Receipt of pre-payment is not proof of acceptance of the order.
- Discount Catering Direct reserves the right to make changes, at any time, to the current terms and conditions of sale by publishing a new version.
Enquiries / Orders
- Enquiries and orders can be made via the company’s website, by email, by telephone or mail.
- Discount Catering Direct offers all products on the understanding that stock holding and availability may, at times, make it necessary to delay the delivery or cancel the order and refund any monies paid.
- Goods are offered for sale only in the packaged quantities advertised for specific products on the website.
- Sale prices advertised for goods are those displayed on our website and in effect on the date you place your order and are subject to VAT.
- The Company reserves the right to update prices on the website at any time.
- Delivery charges are applicable for orders under £150.00 plus VAT.
- Payment is required in full before goods are dispatched.
- Adequate delivery and collection access will be provided by the Purchaser.
- As soon as the goods are delivered to and signed for by the client, all risk of loss and damage of said goods passes to the client.
- The purchaser or their signatory will check quantities and condition of equipment on delivery and sign the delivery note to confirm acceptance of delivery. Any damage or shortfall must be agreed, noted on the contract and signed off by both the purchaser/signatory and the delivery driver at the time of delivery.
- Whilst Discount Catering Direct will make every endeavour to supply equipment as described in the current website, all items are offered subject to availability.
- If goods cannot be supplied on the agreed date because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, Discount Catering Direct will advise purchaser of the soonest possible re-arranged delivery date or shall return all monies paid and not be liable to pay further compensation to the purchaser.
- Discount Catering Direct does not warrant that functions contained in this website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. We shall have no liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use this website including (without limitation) reliance on any information or content of the website or which results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions of files or emails, defects, viruses or delays in operation or transmission.
- Products are guaranteed in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty or for a period of one year from the date of delivery. Faulty goods that are notified to The Company within the warranty period may be repaired or replaced at The Company’s discretion. This applies to mainland UK only.
- Warranties will not apply if damage or defects are caused by customer misuse, not following manufacturers instructions or if they have not been maintained as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Returned Goods Policy
- Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel their order providing the purchaser informs the company within 14 days of receiving the goods. The goods must then be returned within another 14 days. The purchaser will be refunded within 14 days of the company receiving the goods back. Goods are only accepted back if they are returned unused, in a saleable condition and in their original packaging. Damaged, used goods that are considered unfit for re-sale will not be refunded.
Data Protection / Communication
- Discount Catering Direct will not provide your data to third parties and will treat data in accordance with applicable laws.
- Discount Catering Direct accept no responsibility for the use or content of any third party site linked to from the Discount Catering Direct website.
- By purchasing from the Discount Catering Direct website you consent to our sending of electronic mail and communication.
- All website content including images, logos, graphics and icons are copyright Discount Catering Direct.
The present Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by English Law.
The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction, and by using this site you submit to that jurisdiction.